Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall equinox/eating healthy

This year I am going to try something a little bit different than I have done before. I think I have gotten to the point where, although I still love partying and all that college stuff, I really want to make some changes. Usually I would wait for something like New Years and make a resolution that I probably wont keep. Instead I am going to try a new method for a year and see how it goes. I figure that around the time the seasons change I am always very motivated to make good life choices and changes, so from now on I am going to pick a couple of things for each equinox or solstice and try and keep those through the year.

The Autumnal equinox is on Wednesday, 22 September this year, so what better time to decide to try and be healthier than the fall harvest type time. Not only am I motivated by the seasonal changes, but there is so much good food in the fall.
MF and I went to Cannan Farm yesterday to pick up some fall type decorations and I was so excited to see all the pumpkins, squash etc. Such great food.

All of that was nothing compared to what happened today. Usually I am indifferent about apples, they are fine but I am not going to write home about them. I had an apple today and it was the most delicious thing! So it pops into my head, why am I eating sugary, greasy crap when this is way more satisfying. So this is where I need everyones help. I am going to try and eat more healthy and I need as many recipes as you all have. That seems to be the best way to find healthy food because you know the person you are getting it from likes it. So anyone who has websites with tasty food, cook books, secret family recipes, anything let me know ( BQ from The Sailing Foodie I am looking at you)

The second thing I am going to try and do for this Autumn season is to have less to drink. I dont think that I am over indulgent horribly or anything like that, but I think I would rather just do healthy stuff instead. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and be 100% clear headed, I find I sleep badly after drinking anything.

So those are my two "resolutions" for the season. After linking to BQ's blog my topic is somewhat similar, but that's ok. Now bring on the pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment