Wednesday, March 24, 2010

what is a right?

Ok so this post is a bit strange because I am going to try and not state my opinion on this matter. This post is about health care being a right.

For those of you who know me you already know what my stand on government run health care is, but I have found it interesting listening to others argue about it lately (whether it be for or against)

I have heard so many liberals people make the following statment. Why shouldn't everyone have healthcare, its the peoples right to have it. Ok I feel its not that I need to make this statement. No one has a right to a right. I know thats confusing so let me explain. The definition of right (as pertaining to your unalienable right) is an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition By this definition nothing is a right until it is guaranteed by law or tradition. That means you cannot use the argument its a right until the law is passed, then it becomes your right.

Now for the conservative side, . You say well in order to guarantee your safety we need to infringe on your rights. HELL NO. This has to be the stupidest idea in the history of man kind. It is a right for the sure purpose that you cannot (or are not supposed to)be able to infringe on it. THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT A GOVERNMENT CAN EVER DO. MY RIGHTS ARE THERE FOR A REASON SO THEY WILL STAY THERE AND YOU (the government) WILL NOT VIOLATE THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

So in closing, liberals don't try and use rights as an argument for a law, just say what the merits of the law are. Conservatives stay the hell out of my life and don't even think about overstepping your bounds......

For all those who argue about the Second Amendment right to bear arms it is my view that the government violating ones rights is one of the reasons the founding fathers put that into the document, we have the right to stand up and defend out rights!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment