Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Maine


So with my first Maine trip for as long as I can remember I wanted to touch on why I love my cabin so much. It isn't really what you would call modern, in fact this year marks the first year that we have ever had running water (we used to use a handpump) Nor is it even that "nice" a cabin, its an old logging cabin that really was only used for logging for one season. It's none of that that draws me to Andover Maine as often as possible....its this

Its the total seclusion from people. Its sitting out in the woods and listening to the sounds. It's the lack of TV and phone (although cell phones are still usable, I try to ignore them) It's having no one give you shit! It's the ability to feel a little closer to the natural world that we have so readily tossed aside. Makes you feel alive! Yay Maine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment